Monday 13 June 2011

New Eyes

15 years. It's been 15 years since I started to wear glasses and I got rid of them for a moment, to replace them by contact lenses. What a surprise it was to not be limited by your specs. I could see left, right, up and down, without the image being blurred. I could look on the sides, without turning my head, but just turning my eyes. It feels like everything now is new and amazing. Even looking at those dirty roads and grey sky in London amazes me. This is how good it is. I also don't need to push my glasses up, when it falls down.

I remember that my brother was the first one to get glasses. And I have to say, I was jealous of him at that time. He had all the attention from my parents and he was going to have glasses, which were looking cool to me in my eyes. I wanted to have glasses as well, something that he had. So I remember I hoped I would got some. A few months later, or maybe a year later, my eyesight dropped and I could not see clearly and I was like "yes", finally it's my turn. How stupid was I at that moment? I wish I would never have to wear glasses. At least now, I can experience it from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment